Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dexter. Seasons 1&2 Mofus there are spoilers.

So this show just came on air on Netflix on Halloween. I have already watched the first 2 seasons, yes, I am being a bit obsessive.

Let me start off by mentioning I HATE crime dramas. The tropes, the boring plot lines, the stupid characters, the overdone story on repeat... but Dexter is not your run of the mill cop story. Thank goodness. Because I would not have made it through two seasons of this show in 4 days if it had been anything like every other cop show out there. I feel like puking when someone suggests watching Law and Order, or even shows like Bones or Castle.  So why Dexter? Because it is dark, because it is morbid, because Dexter hates everyone in the world possibly more than I do and fakes emotions more than anyone pretty much ever and that is an appealing thing to me.

I am an emotional person. I don't have issue emoting. But dating my boyfriend is pretty much what dating Dexter would be like. This show has actually given me amazing insight into his feels and mind.  He is not a sociopath killer as far as I can tell, but he does not play by social rules. Just like myself. I actually don't understand how this show was SO popular. Normal people must be relating to the boring characters like Rita and Dexters fake relations toward her.

Speaking of Rita. Talk about boring Oh poor waifu mom who produced kids and has an addiction to dating bad men. Boo hoo we feel SO bad for you. WAIT I really don't. She is the weakest character on the show and a big part of the reason why I don't feel like watching more. I don't want Dexter married. I want him fucking hot young arsonist ladies. Marriage is boring and if Dexter gets married I just can't see this show staying appealing.

Also Dexter makes me happy to live in the Pacific NorthWest. Ug I can just imagine how muggy it must be there....

No comments:

Post a Comment