Sunday, May 27, 2012

Teens/Young Adults and Money

So my best friend and I are discussing this one less than 23 year old we know of who has gone to Europe twice in the last year or so. I know lots of other people who have traveled all over the world and they are all under 25. I understand my friends who work lots of part time jobs and save for months/years and live with their parents(IE don't have to pay rent). But what I don't understand is kids who do NOT have jobs? Where does the money to travel come from? Are their parents seriously banking out thousands of dollars so their children can travel? Are they using student loans or credit cards?

The reason I query so hard is, I come from a above average well off family, my father and mother combined have always made between 100k and 200k since I hit around 15. Yet I never saw this money. Sure I always had a roof over my head, and my mom bought me college text books and if I couldn't make rent during college, my parents always loaned me the money. But I never was shipped off to Europe for weeks on end. I have a huge student loan to pay back and I have spent my entire life living comfortably but minimalistic. I just can't image being spoiled so. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment