Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In a small way it feels like *I* broke up.

It is no secret that I am in a LTR, my partner and I are nearing three years together. Despite ups and downs we have stayed a pretty strong couple.

I find a big part of staying strong is finding people who help keep you strong. One of the core things that has helped keep us strong has been our fellow couple we hang out with.  This might seem weird but in a way spending time with another couple is one of the greatest ways  to develop and strengthen your couplehood together. It is like, you learn how to play off eachother and work together while spending time with the other couple.

This couple has played a pivetal part in our life. They were funny, hard working, loving, nerdy. We played D&D together, went on double dates, went to the movies, went hiking, spent all of our holidays together.

I can't believe they broke up, it is really hard for me, neighter of them wants to talk about it, so I don't know what happened and I am not siding with either of them or any of that. But my heart is breaking for the loss. :(

I won't let it hurt my relationship of course, but I will miss them dearly as a couple, and work hard to embrace them each as individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment