Thursday, September 20, 2012

Katawa Shoujo: Hanaka Route

Spoilers!!!

Well, if you have yet to realize I am on a VN kick. I have been been playing them like crazy. While investigating VNs I came upon a thread on Reddit and everyone was discussing this game. Katawa Shoujo. Or 'Imperfect Girl'. Intrigued as to it's popularity, I downloaded it. Only to realize that this game was written, programmed and drawn by 4chan. Shocked that such a website could pull off a game I was tenative to play it. Yet as I played my way through this game, I quickly realized that it was quite possibly one of the most brilliant fan made games I had ever seen.The plot is compelling and rich. I FELT the characters feelings. I was him. I had a heart condition. I loved this scarred and broken girl, I wanted her to be happy. I wanted to be part of the cause of that happiness. Hanaka has major hatred of everyone (wow sounds familiar *glances at her partner*), and thus isolates herself from the world. She is sophisticated, lovely and nerdy in her love for books. I did not find her scars appalling at all, and felt they made her unique. I finished this route in tears this morning. My only fear is that I won't enjoy the other routes in the game because I was so very connected to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment