Saturday, September 14, 2013

Trigun-Anime

Finally finished watching Trigun, after oh. You know... 14 years of being an anime fan girl. Talk about being behind the curve...

I watched this anime several times as a girl. But never to completion. My friends would rant and rave about it. But all I ever really saw when I tried to watch it as a girl were guns, ugly girls and an ugly planet. I never saw deeper into the story line during that part of my life.

Spoilers Ahead
So Tom finally made me finish it, and this anime did a good job making me hate humanity. Pretty much the entire anime is about a creature trying to save its race, which is enslaved to humans. And his naive brother foolishly protecting the very creatures who are destroying their own species.


I liked Knives. I can see good in other characters, but it hurts me how overpoweringly stupid the good characters tend to be. Good for the sake of good just gets other people killed. If your entire race was being killed off/enslaved by another... wouldn't you want to kill them and hate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment