Friday, September 20, 2013

Wheel of Time: Eye of the World 4/5 Stars

This is the 2nt time I have read this book. I remember the first time was a completely different experience. Amazing what ten years between reading a book can do for you mentally!






Spoilers Ahead!
I really hate the Egwene now, before I felt that Rand DESERVED to be with her and was making a mistake when he looked at other women. Now I feel like she is a bossy spoiled brat, getting everyone almost killed repeatedly. Lan reminds me of my boyfriend. Perrin is still cool. Mat is a rogue stereotype. Not having anything remotely sexual blacked out was a refreshing change (my best friend Ali-edited the books in HS so her little brother could read them). I felt myself shuddering as the characters walked through the blight. I could smell the rotten plants, feel the panic when the trees chased them. I wanted to hide when the No faced men chased them. I FELT this book. A book that can make me feel is good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment