Monday, September 16, 2013

Usagi Drop

Usagi Drop has got to be one of the sweetest anime I have ever watched. It evokes emotions and feels every which way.  If you can make it through this anime without feeling anything you probably are the coldest human on Earth. No, seriously.

As someone who was adopted, and has spent most of my life feeling unwanted this anime absolutely hit home.

There were a few things that irked me. For one the opening sequence was pretty boring. I am a big sucker for a good opening. And this anime did not have a good one.  The music is not that exciting in the opening either.

But the actual anime is beautifully animated. The character interactions are adorable. If all children were like the little girl in this anime (or Nanako) I might be actually willing to consider having a child one day. *sighs* alas most kids are rotten creatures. I know I was.

The dynamics between the grandson and his very young aunt who he is taking care of are adorable. I love how he had never had to worry about anyone other than himself and suddenly finds himself having to open his eyes to a whole new world of caring for this little girl.

Solid 5/5 I wish they would make a 2nt Season to cover the rest of the Manga... Which goes into the little girls teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment