Thursday, June 21, 2012

Missing Magic

The last time I built a computer was in 2005, and I still have that computer. It was a magical process, building it from scratch and watching it boot and a blank slate was there for me to build, it made me feel like a magician and my entire life was brighter that day. Well today I put together a new computer, I have been lurking about using my partners PC, using a barely functional laptop from 2007, and barely keeping my 05 computer running. Electronics age, they just are not made to be used heavily for 5+ years.

I had ordered this computer off w00t, I did not build it from scratch, I don't have the time or money to invest in a computer I would consider worthy of building. It is a very nice computer, 1 TB hard-drive, 4GB of Ram, a dual core processor. Perfectly suitable for someone who does light gaming and lots of sitting around writing stories and playing around on her computer. I don't regret my purchase. It was less than 300 dollars.

But.

The magic is no longer there, I am not excitedly finding a wallpaper to install. I am just sitting here going 'yeeeep' and staring at it. There is no feeling of the world suddenly being more brilliant and shiny because I have a new toy. Why? I really don't know why. Maybe with time I am becoming disillusioned to material gain happiness. Classes start on Monday, oh right. I am going back to school. Maybe I forgot to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment